Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Bears Lost!

The Bear's lost and I am pissed off. How we made it to the Superbowl without a quarterback stills swims through the cobwebs of my back forty. I guess I should be happy that we made it that far, but I am not, and so I must redirect my energy in the direction of productive endeavors.

1. My wife and I are trying to have a baby, and even if she is a girl ( I could care less what sex the baby is), I am sure she will be a better quarterback than Rex Grossman.

2. My novel has been finished for a month now, and I am getting edited copies back from trustworthy critics, but I am slow on the draw to send out queries. Anybody have any interest in reading a bit. I have a few chapters posted at http://www.richieshivers.com/.

3. I am looking forward to the start of another season of Nascar. Two more weeks to go before the Japanese face up against American stock cars.

No rednecks here, just a lover of fierce competition fueled by the desire to win. Everyone has a desire to win, whether they say they hate competition or not. Its all over the news and TV, but I laugh at those who say they hate competition and refuse to let their children compete.

By sheer existence we all compete to live our lives the way we want and succeed to our own satisfaction.

Its lunchtime. Time for a break from competition. But I will be back soon.

No comments: