Friday, February 9, 2007

Frustration

I have been in a writing slump for several days now. Not so much a block as much as I do not feel like getting motivated to editing my book. So while I sit around like a lump on the couch I watch the new TV shows.

American Idol...okay everyone is sick of hearing it but some of these people suck so badly that you are left wondering how they became so deluded as to think they should be singing for the masses. I watch as they get criticism. Sometimes these people are so bad that they do not deserve constructive criticism, but even if it is for their own good, I watch as they tell the judges that they do not know anything about singing or the music industry.

Why am I writing about this???? Because I read an article recently that quoted many psychiatrists as saying some of these people may be highly functioning autistics. Is this where society has gone to? Instead of placing the blame squarely where it should be, with the parents and the way these people were raised, we now just say...oh well they are autistic....This sickens me. It demeans and lessens the urgency that we should be paying to truly autistic children and helping curb autism or at least helping autistic people truly function in this day and age.

The bottom line here, is these people are not autistic. They just suck! They will not function in this world because their parents did not raise them with the tools to deal with adversity or criticism.

Well, I am pissed off enough now to edit my book. Here goes.......

1 comment:

Andi said...

Funny thing is, those people trying to whatever they think is singing, compares perfectly to us, trying to what we hope is writing ;)
Then again, we KNOW we're autistics. Oh-oh, 11pm, lights off.